18 hours ago, Kev The Modeller said:

How's this build going mate?  As you can guess work really did get worse, I'm hoping finally to start a new car build next week, with luck. 

Hey mate, I'm not building for a few months as I am moving overseas, hopefully it wont be long before I can setup a new workshop and get back to building, the plan will be to continue and finish this build off as soon as possible.

I have noticed youve been missing recently, glad to see you back on the bench and keen to see your next project fella :)

10 hours ago, Kev The Modeller said:

Thanks mate, hope the move goes well, anywhere nice?  

Off to Canada mate :)

Thank you, so far the move is going well, workshop packed and now I pray for no damage to my kits!

Hello, Imster. Great work! I’m following this with interest as this one is almost next up on my workbench...the 335S is nearing completing. I’m going to do the Rothman’s... I went to school with Al Holbert. Question, on the cooling ducts for the brakes, what is the connector you used.

35 minutes ago, Leftkeys said:

Hello, Imster. Great work! I’m following this with interest as this one is almost next up on my workbench...the 335S is nearing completing. I’m going to do the Rothman’s... I went to school with Al Holbert. Question, on the cooling ducts for the brakes, what is the connector you used.

Thanks mate :)

Lets see some photos of your 335S, The Rothmans livery is so iconic mate, for me it was a tough decision between rothmans or joest, I went with Joest because this particular car had Ayrton Senna as one of the drivers.

For the cooling ducts I assume you are referring to the metal clamps? Those are from Best Balsa Kits:

https://www.bestbalsakits.com/tamiya/tamiya-detail.asp?kitnumber=2780

Imster - this build in awesome - much like the "Newman" done by Eric Cole on f1m.com.  a while back.

Your attention to detail is fantastic.  On the brake calipers - the "brass" bits you turned are they accurate?  for the time period?  I don't have the MFH 956 book you have but I question the accuracy of the modification you made to the "caliper pistons"  - the cars I remember of that period used 2 separate caliper halves that were bolted together and the caliper pistons entered from the middle of the caliper into the cast and machined bores.  Were the calipers a single casting for that era?   On modern brakes where a single casting is used or on billet brakes like you see on some motorcycles "Yamaha" they used this technique you used on the 956 calipers, but I'm interested to know if that was also used on the 956?   I have the MFH 88' 962 "Shell" #17 kit in the stash for later along with my XJR9-LM and 787B.  I would expect that if yours are correct for the period then I will need to do the same on the calipers of the 962 I have.

You have come such a long way since the first time I saw your work on "eScale".

I think you do some of the best WIPs around - lots of pics and clear descriptions of what you did - I have learned much from your builds.

Please let us know when you are back at the bench once you are set up in Canada - You will make a great addition to the North American builders - lol

Cheers

John