viperofoz

1/6 Tamiya Honda Africa Twin

Hi guys. This is my first post here so I thought I'd share my recently finished Tamiya 1/6 Honda Africa Twin.

Kit is built box stock with the only addition being a few photo etched hose clamps.

Paint is mostly Tamiya TS spray cans (some decanted and airbrushed). Custom mixed testors metallizers and Alclad chrome.

This was a really enjoyable build, even more so than any of the other awesome Tamiya 1/6 Bikes.

Thanks for looking.

Regards, Dan.

AA COVER.jpg

aaa.jpg

aaaaa.jpg

hose clamp.jpg

zz.jpg

zzz - Copy.jpg

zzzzz.jpg

zzzzzz.jpg

zzzzzzzzz.jpg

zzzzzzzzzz.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Dan, and what a great kit to start with. I’m not a fan of the bike itself, but can really appreciate quality of the kit, along with your execution of it.

• Like 1

Hey Dan welcome to the forums! A very nice choice of kit and a very nice build! I especially like your use of different shades of black to recreate the various plastic parts also I think you caught the colours of the rims perfectly, alot of people dont realise that the rims are a different colour to the rest of the gold parts on the bike

• Like 1

Welcome Dan, I'm not a fan of this motorcycle either, but the kit looks spectacular, and you did a great job on it.

Sandro

• Like 1

Hi and welcome Dan, great build mate it would pass as the real thing!  I'm not a big fan of off road bikes but that doesn't matter you've done an amazing job mate very well done.

• Like 1

Bit monotonous, :) but i'm also not a great  fan off the bike, but you made a very nice model whit a great paintjob!