Ninogiva

Tamiya Ducati 916 (first bike - 2015)

Hello all,

This was my first bike, after building many, many, MANY airplanes kits as a kid (20 years earlier).

I had bought an airbrush, a tiny compressor and I thought it was as easy as my planes back then. I instead discovered that I wanted to be more precise, add details and in general do a good job on the bike. 

This is my favourite bike in real life (I do not own one, but still she is beautiful) and it was sort of a dream come true to build one.

Many details were left behind because of lack of skills and imagination, but this build certainly was a fun one, and a hell of a learning curve!

Finished01.jpg

Finished02.jpg

Finished03.jpg

Finished04.jpg

Finished05.jpg

Finished06.jpg

Finished07.jpg

Finished08.jpg

• Like 1

Nice Work Nino,

engine weathering is subtle & the added mesh to the openings look great...

look forward to some more bikes from you! ;)

Mark D

Thank you Mark, I appreciate your comment!

In 2016 I build a Panigale and in 2017 a ZX-RR. I will post pictures when possible.

In 2017 I also had my daughter, so modelling time was severely reduced to...zero. I did not stop buying kits though and today I have a Honda RS1000 Endurance (started), a NSR500 '83 (in box) and a 2004 M1 (in box).

The modelling itch is back so I am planning to start again on the Honda...at some point!

• Haha 1

Nice work, especially for your first bike kit. I know what you mean about kids and time, and it only gets worse! Although, with any luck they will want to join you and you can build together 

Good work for your first bike.
The engine with the slight signs of use I like anyway.

I'm looking forward to your Honda 1000 RS Endurance :)

Nice first effort!!! I'm just entering the kids vs time phase... Wish me luck haha!