Hello everyone,

It has been a loooooooong time since I picked up glue and airbrush: last bike I built was in 2017, right before my daughter was born.

Now I am almost able to find some spare time, and I decided to reopen the box of the last bike I was working on, the Tamiya Honda RS1000.

I bought it second hand on eBay, and the guy had already started the kit. Luckily he only glued a few pieces together and stopped, so I can build it and paint it as I prefer.

I think I will build it rather stock, with a few improvements such as PE bolts, more cables and wires and probably a proper seat, but I am not going overboard with it, because I am a believer of the old "completion over perfection". Plus I have two more kits I really want to build!

It still will be a slow one: modelling time is not much!

This WIP then starts with the engine already glued and painted, and at the moment I am detailing it with Studio 27 rivets and bolts.

Here is where we are now:

_1060302.JPG

_1060303.JPG

_1060304.JPG

_1060305.JPG

• Like 1

Very nice start .
The valve cover looks very realistic due to the light washing.
Did you do the "grids" yourself at the funnels?
I am looking forward to your next update:)

Thanks for your comment Mueller, yes I had a fine mesh grid laying around (I used to build architectural models) so I cut a round out of it and curved it on the back of a pencil.

I do not think this grid exists on the real bike, but I quite like the look of it! 

Nice start! and that grid is really great especially the scale of it! most of the time when I see mesh like that its way out of scale