Jump to content

pg265

Members
  • Content count

    20
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    14

pg265 last won the day on December 10

pg265 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

19 Good

About pg265

  • Rank
    Rookie
  1. Good evening, Few progress on the Red Roaring Beauty! Riveting the bathtub and the bulkhead is now done. The wooden shifter knob is clear coated and test fitting is mandatory for the engine/cockpit/body subassembly. Nothing more for today. More soon Pascal
  2. Hi Mates, Thank you very much! @imster: Hi Boss, the Black used is the semi gloss black from ZP over a coat of Gravity primer. The whole steering wheel was painted with it, then treated with oils (w&N white, Sennelier Gris de Payne and Rembrandt Gris Froid).ZP demi gloss Black is very good, but the best of all is still the Humbrol 85 for me @mueller: Yes, we talk about it for few days... a 312B would have been ... a dream! I LOOOOOVE the Daytona! But this is also an open door to other beauties I need! M7A, M19, Lotus 38, 43, MS80... Pffff!... Sigh!... Pascal, the Bad Bad Boy who already ordered a Type 49!
  3. Hi, Sanding, welding, riveting... Few progress in the “office” area. Paint session, dashboard session and gear lever/selector. I was not that happy with the instruments, so I turned new ones and made brackets from aluminium foil. Then test fitting. Oils and screws added on the steering wheel and, of course, the Cavallino Rampante! Voilà. Pascal
  4. Thanks Mueller Brass buts are from RBMotion. Pascal
  5. Good evening Mates, Thank you Martin. No, nothing regarding the weld seams but Ican try to explain how I proceed in a next post... Tanks and tubes installed on the roll bar with serflex & Ty-Raps: Wires ready and waiting for the battery: Started to work on the coils: More quickly. Pascal
  6. Good evening Modelers, Machined bolting and washers have been installed on the wheels. An old « T » connector is modified and used to complete the front wheels brakes master cylinder. More soon. Pascal
  7. Hi Mates, Thank you very much for your kind comments! Some small progress on the Red Roaring Beauty! Test fit of the rear structure and tank. Battery and coils prepaired, masked and primed. Starting to connecting brakes and fuel pipes. Engine pan scratched. Alfa Rosso On the coils: ... And white (Titanium White GC) for the battery I hope you enjoy the WIP. More soon! Pascal
  8. Hi Mates, Still progressing on the Bella Macchina Rossa! More soon. Pascal
  9. Good evening Modelers, I worked a bit on the small metal tanks and others parts that need to be cleaned and polished. Fuel filter/distributor and water expansion tank. I also made a quick test of the pedals on the front bulkhead. Pascal
  10. Thank you Mates ? No problem at all with the metal colors. I’ve only painted the engine due to its mixed component (white metal/resin) conception. all the other metal look parts are natural... white metal. Pascal
  11. pg265

    1/20 Lotus 49

    Speechless, jaw dropping... both of them in fact!! Stonking build as usual! Pascal
  12. Thank you Imraan! yep, driveshafts are one piece. I would have liked them to have real movable gimbals... There are not too bad anyway and give strength to the transmission! Pascal
  13. pg265

    1/20 Lotus 49

    Hi, Quiiiiiiick! We need pics of that build Master Imster!!! Pascal
  14. Hi, Engine progress. I was not that happy with the kit throttle linkage... So I decided to build new ones with machined parts from RBMotion. It was also necessary to show a bit of interest regarding the exhaust and prepare the white metal parts of the Spaghetti: To prime and paint them: Other parts are just treated to be left with a natural metal finish: I prefer soldering them instead of gluing for évident reasons: I played a bit with the iron in order to replicate weld seams : The engine connected to the gear box and vice versa, and install for test fit in its compartment: Next to the small 1/20 sister : Rear brake discs before assembly on the gear box: ... and few accessories: Modification of the rear hubs in order to adapt machined parts: Time for primer: The body is drilled in order to be riveted with MFH aluminium rivet: The engine is... big. Almost the size of the 1/20 kit: Rosso Corsa GC and Semi Gloss Black ZP on the rear shocks and the steering wheel. Dull Aluminium (Alclad) on the rear hubs Test fit of the front end: Heat shield adjusted and drilled for the roll cage: Titanium White GC: Not very happy with the Dull Alu, so black Alclad is sprayed: Tubes installed in the radiator and started to work on the rear suspension components: Front brakes scoops are painted white: test fitting of the bathtub: Weld seams on the 3in1 exhaust parts: I really apologize for the poor quality of the pictures... Alclad White Alu and Klear Kote. Paint family picture: Wheels prep & paint session: Primer: Alclad Black: Pale Gold Alclad: Masking off: Time for oils: Test fit of anti roll bar, gearbox and half side transmission. I’ve modified the throttle linkage. The White Metal original ones were not that good, so I replaced them with machined parts. The mesh over the stacks is now done, and I must admit it was pretty fun to form and install: I’m mot unhappy with the result. Oils have also been applied on the heat shield as well as a portion of aluminium tape on both external sides. I really like the view of the trumpets through the mesh. The rear stab bar has been remade with 1mm ø brass, which was later chemically burnished. Now working on the connection rods. One started compared to raw white metal original part. Voilà. More soon Pascal
  15. Hi Mates, it’s been a long time since my last post... A new Formula 1, from 1967 (Greaaaat year!) Here are few pics of the engine. https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/12/38/43/52/dsc02314.jpg[/img] More soon. Pascal
×