Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Last week
  2. Now had to unpack my old device again . The handlebar grips are only plugged in And again small progress .
  3. Nice homogeneous surface, the slight "bubbles" I would fill with Gunze Filler. .......so do not paint again ,Stir the paint well and treat the imperfections with a toothpick .
  4. A little more progress. After filling (with Tamiya putty, I previously used a sprue goo mix, but lately it has been leaving ghost seams I cannot remove..) and sanding back the seams, I have primed to check my work. Still some spots to fill and further flatten out. Happy with progress so far.....
  5. Earlier
  6. Almost done..... Leathers are a little too dark, will try to lighten with a lighter drybrush. Decals again by Decalpool and go down very well.
  7. @andrew59it I had the same issue with the YZR500. Will be careful as these pins look just as fragile.
  8. I broke almost all the pin of the Suzuki GSX750 where the tubes are connected.... very thin and fragile.... In the next suzuki (RG400) or Kawasaki 500 I think I will replace all with metal rods.... it's very complicated replace them when they break on pieces already installed just because you touched a tube
  9. Small progress I could not use the etched part chain, the chain rollers are not cast optimally in this kit . Then just print one yourself. the cut on the chain I have chosen so because this area is behind the exhaust .
  10. Actual glue this time 😉 There's a bit of flash to clean up, but the cowl has gone together reasonably well. There will be filling.......
  11. Ok, have made a start. It's that time where you start to feel out how the kit may come together. As always, I start with the body panels. I like to get them together then fill, sand, prime and base coat etc whilst putting the engine and frame together. So body work is off the sprue and taped together ready for work on the weekend. So far, the fit feels good, the plastic a little more brittle than the usual Tamiya plastic, but the same as the YZR500 I built last year. Looking good so far. It doesn't look like there will be too much filling, although the tank is made of
  12. I found this awesome site for reference photos: http://skylinezero17.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2014/09/1989-honda-nsr5.html
  13. @Griffo_Aus I can only report from my own experience here, I find it practical . You no longer have to take the parts in hand so often . The color and the parts do not suffer so when handling. I think if you want to build a lot of motorcycles, it is a sensible purchase . Hehe..... I hope I build a few more models now ......
  14. Hey @mueller, I have thought long and hard whether to purchase one of these jigs for my bike builds. I look forward to following to get an understanding if they are worthwhile. Have you found it useful so far?
  15. I know, I know - we have been away for Easter... I will make a start this week I promise! 😉
  16. Finally, things are moving along a bit here again. In the meantime I have bought a Marcomoto design bracket and hope that this will improve the handling of the model. Here times the intermediate state.
  17. New build on the bench starting next week. Hasegawa 1/12 1989 Rothmans Honda NSR500, Wayne Gardner #2. I will be using the Hobby Design detail up set and Top Studio cable tensioners. I will paint with Gravity (Spain) Honda Rothmans Blue (GC164). Looks to be a complicated kit, but I'm looking forward to it very much.
  18. Thanks @mueller, appreciate your kind words. Bike finished now, so have started on the rider figure. I know these go back to the 80's, but I have to say it fits much better than the (reasonably) recent Rossi figure.
  19. Again very nice and accurate work from you . And I like the idea with the Hasegawa mirror, I used to do this with BMF, but I think the Hasegawa foil is a better alternative.
  20. Small update.... almost finished... Getting the chambers on is tricky... one side is too far from the swing arm, the other is hard up against it... I'm using Top Studio's cable adjusters for fun and practice I used Hasegawa Mirror Sheet on the fork legs, again, first time using it. Very happy with the finish.
  21. On aliexpress.... it was the cheaper one
  22. One of my last finished projects from the 3D printer. File from CG Trader . <
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.