elswammo

Tamiya Ferrari F1-2000

35 minutes ago, imster said:

Well done on finishing it and extra well done for doing such a great job on it! I think next time you should try your hand at doing proper PE and cloth seatbelts, that would really set your builds off nicely!

Whats the deal with the Honda Civic comment?

Yeah someday I'd like to try some detail kits for things like that. It would definitely look cool. Learning to polish the paint is the next thing for me I think. 

And yeah, like fourtyfourpm said, this is my entry to win an Aoshima Beemax Civic EF3, a very cool kit. I'm definitely up against some real competition though! Everyone is doing really good work. Hopefully you'll have some updates on the Lotus soon! It was looking awesome. 

• Like 1

Really nice work on this. You mentioned about polishing the clear. It’s makes a difference what you use as a base for this as well, as some clears are easier to polish than others, and also lay down better as well. There are plenty of guys on here that get mirror finishes so just ask away and I’m sure someone will shout up with tips and suggestions ?

Yeah I used future for the clearcoat, it's all I can really use as I can't open a window because it's freezing where I live. -28 with the wind today. I did buy some vallejo gloss though but I doubt I can polish that much either. Testors gloss is probably the best thing I can get locally, I just like how cost effective future is. But I do realize having nicely polished paint would really make the models look that much better so I think it's the next step for me to learn. 

51 minutes ago, elswammo said:

Yeah I used future for the clearcoat, it's all I can really use as I can't open a window because it's freezing where I live. -28 with the wind today. I did buy some vallejo gloss though but I doubt I can polish that much either. Testors gloss is probably the best thing I can get locally, I just like how cost effective future is. But I do realize having nicely polished paint would really make the models look that much better so I think it's the next step for me to learn. 

I think with any of those sort of clears they will never provide a deep shine. Maybe look at getting a rattle can clear from an automotive store and spraying it outside? Most of these are lacquer based though, so you would need to do the same with the base coat as well.

22 hours ago, elswammo said:

Yeah someday I'd like to try some detail kits for things like that. It would definitely look cool. Learning to polish the paint is the next thing for me I think. 

And yeah, like fourtyfourpm said, this is my entry to win an Aoshima Beemax Civic EF3, a very cool kit. I'm definitely up against some real competition though! Everyone is doing really good work. Hopefully you'll have some updates on the Lotus soon! It was looking awesome. 

Goodluck mate I hope you win :)