Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 6/28/2019 at 6:35 PM, imster said:

Loving the added details Dallas!

 

On 10/19/2019 at 12:46 PM, Kev The Modeller said:

Looking good mate¬†ūüĎć


Thanks guys. This will be back on the bench very soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much progress, but I have got the body cleared and polished so took a couple of quick photos. Updates should be more regular now as this is permanently back on the bench until completion.

 

290152D3-CF0A-40C2-AAAA-C182993C44A4.jpeg.f699b6ce99477585b528df6cf971d85f.jpeg

 

8C8133CA-82AF-4E15-93BC-A3F4B145F16C.jpeg.18504c4b2ae825454a86efe97d15cecd.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wheels are all done now. These are the ones for the main car, they are aftermarket ones from Hobby Design along with the centre nut and tyre valve. A PE wire fixing was added in the centres to finish them off.
 

2A884E05-9A63-4981-893A-A73947FB632E.jpeg.0e91e8799450c75c4032bcff381de5d7.jpeg

 

12E538FD-FB23-4CA7-A6C7-C9CA45E927C8.jpeg.102a5f078433cf0087ccac846051e117.jpeg

 

25045E1B-E079-4CAB-9A00-41A9060FC017.jpeg.1774a1a055857a4c59a1c4ecd1fce210.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the carbon car I opted to make the deep dish, so here’s how I went about it:

 

kit wheels as they come out of the box

A0079DEC-BD10-49D0-9579-ADDE6FC435C0.jpeg.418434ab08efa179939c8a456e3176a3.jpeg

 

I started off with using the back of a sharp knife blade to work my way around tue inside of the rim to gradually cut through 

18952388-BF01-4896-8304-EE5106EBE767.jpeg.d958e115c9733d86a3baef53d3ae6d46.jpeg

 

Once this was done I was left with two separate pieces

49742ED7-80A0-48DB-A39B-FC3A5836B947.jpeg.9ede15435f6d7d88aa25dcee0f2f8f79.jpeg

 

AD65AF52-CAE2-4ED8-AC20-19D21F94D49D.jpeg.9ca1df2e4dfcdeb1f306dc80336a14f3.jpeg

 

From here I was then able to reposition the centre part further down the rim

2A32CDDD-704B-4D69-A080-A0EC679FEEC1.jpeg.de02be49e9d5a5b6f054a5386d2726dd.jpeg

 

before and after to compare

FB739215-D935-494B-8F77-281D408EC593.jpeg.733eb9f29822b3d478d39e18705a8c89.jpeg

 

and all painted and complete 

AFF525B7-4C72-41BC-8210-14AEEA851813.jpeg.45c07e042c9cadb091756790021cbbde.jpeg

 

again, Hobby Design tyre valves were fitted and a white metal wheel locking nut from Studio 27

B57A14EA-E206-4C1C-888D-6ABFB610CE94.jpeg.70621a5c38b28d20d8d29ca418f653d0.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 3:29 PM, imster said:

Nice mods on the rims! came out really well mate

 

Thanks @imster 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a final push to get this finished, so my posting to the forum has been a bit slack. To catch up, I completed the carbon fibre on the rear spoiler and side sills and then added some Top Studio rivet detail to enhance them. IMG_4065.jpg.8af016f516ee103b41cbf09955464a03.jpg

 

Next up, my attention went to completing the bonnet. PE mesh from the Hobby design set was used in the front grills. The side arches had PE added from the Studio 27 set and then had some Top Studio rivets added as fixings for these. As the plan is to have this displayed with the bonnet off, I added some tissue paper on the inside to give some texture, which was then painted black. I did that fairly early on in the build to work out the best way to approach that to make it look semi-realistic - a difficult task due to a lack of detailed reference photos for that area so I took some artistic license with it. 

IMG_0010.jpg.7740b5777829d1e60bc0348c43c30b36.jpg

 

IMG_0011.jpg.3fe7279879c9c26a4c83762b265a575e.jpg

 

IMG_4066.jpg.10c54b2d46b26758107340fc8da7621b.jpg

 

IMG_4067.jpg.7ab06368de1b7a3f45ef96c3447895d6.jpg

 

The same detail was added to the rear arches and then PE heat plates from the Hobby Design set were added where the exhaust tips are. These were heat stained with some Alclad jet exhaust. Rear lenses were painted with Tamiya clear red from the new lp range and I have to say, they really live up to the reviews I've read of them!

 

IMG_00012.jpg.98b7c9e8cd36fe8ac962c3da52247398.jpg

 

IMG_00013.jpg.f7f2f973bc67be959f4f597414c6a253.jpg

 

IMG_00014.jpg.c0724a795e033b4f097cea4fa44aeeee.jpg

 

IMG_00016.jpg.816f1806d9502f17714cd038321ce00a.jpg

 

IMG_00110.jpg.58efd1eb6c3735b930ba13f18298be1d.jpg

 

A few final details were added, PE wiper from the Studio 27 set, an air jack from Scale Productions and some random bits of PE for various bolt heads, cable pulls etc.

 

Finally I scratch build the fuel filler area. The kit just has a flat disk in this area, but my reference photos showed this to be incorrect so with some various diameter solder wire I was able to make my own.

IMG_00017.jpg.9a725bff74dcff921f22b8245906bf78.jpg

 

IMG_0012.jpg.8df836660002d2dc49acff55130a2e0c.jpg

 

IMG_00111.jpg.124367bc643bc42875ad82c59ff55909.jpg

IMG_00011.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow Dallas - this has to be the best Alfa 155 I have ever seen

 

The extent of detail you added is truly amazing - all the scratch build detail parts and the CF decaling

 

Really a beautiful build.

 

Cheers

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.