Jump to content

Honda '86 NSR500 1/12 Rothmans


Recommended Posts

Hi All, Happy New Year.

 

Started a quick build of Wayne Gardner's 1986 NSR500. I'm using the Factory Colour kit from Tamiya (kit 14099). It's starting to show it's age, but is a fun build so far.

 

I'm using Decalpool decals to portray Gardners mount. There was an issue with them which I didn't see until I was using them... the black border surrounding the rear number panel was half missing and there was a smattering of red - perhaps a dirty ink jet?. I let them know online and they sent me a new set free of charge. They arrived from Hong Kong in under three weeks - so very good customer service I must say. They are also of very, very good quality. They moulder to the surface very well and took some punishment when moving and burnishing. I highly recommend.

 

Won't be too many photos, I'm already well along, but hadn't been here for a while so thought I'd put these up! Apologies for poor iPhone photos!

 

 

4F46FC44-97CF-4FA8-87E2-FE3220B040DF.jpeg

4EF733B0-CCF7-49A7-B90B-DDDC1EBA5FBF.jpeg

 

I used Gravity (Spain) GC164 Honda Rothmans Blue over decanted Tamiya TS26, then cleared with Gravity (Spain) 2k. Very happy with the finish this time. I have "flatted" the fairing in the photo below, and polished the tank and rear body.

2FF67CB5-ED6A-4B14-BD90-BB15EE4AECA3.jpeg

 

 

I also have the starting rider figure and Garner decals to display the bike similar to the below.

Gardner Spencer.jpg

Edited by Griffo_Aus
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mueller said:

Very nice build so far .
And thanks for the assessment of the Decalpool decals.
Everything worked out with the clearcoat this time.

Thanks @mueller. Yes, clearcoat went down very well this time (I think previously error must have been between airbrush and chair!) . In fact I'm very, very happy with it. Was excellent to work with... I used 6000 and 8000 grit laplos sheets. Came up very well.

Edited by Griffo_Aus
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Small update.... almost finished...

 

 

982AE46C-80F5-4A31-841B-CD4A97812533.jpeg

8324F183-F2BA-4236-A2AA-5F1398B10ABF.jpeg

 

 

Getting the chambers on is tricky... one side is too far from the swing arm, the other is hard up against it...

7E7143DD-7733-41E7-B81A-90C42F494FBE.jpeg

 

I'm using Top Studio's cable adjusters for fun and practice

FB470D22-88A9-4160-B77E-54690F3BD178.jpeg

F50380CA-A9A7-48AC-BC9F-0805B87A0CA4.jpeg

44AB7255-0661-4526-90E4-40FFD82BBEB7.jpeg

DE1B1DE0-0F01-4F93-B67E-DFE8B393406F.jpeg

 

 

I used Hasegawa Mirror Sheet on the fork legs, again, first time using it. Very happy with the finish.

BB7B678D-E962-4331-B56C-1953E7D6F641.jpeg

Edited by Griffo_Aus
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.