Jump to content

Leaderboard


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation since 08/20/2019 in all areas

  1. 2 points
    Apologies for the over saturated photos, but I got some new 2k hardener so was able to get it cleared and polished so here are the results. I decided to give the Hobby Design carbon decals a try and I got good results. They conform nice and with no tears. A little more work that SMS, but that’s mainly due to them being a little thicker.
  2. 2 points
    Finished! I'll post a 'finished' thread in the correct place...
  3. 2 points
    Fantastic work ! I now have a 3D printer (Mars Elegoo) I hope I can achieve similar results. Will you continue to watch .......
  4. 1 point
    Here’s my next build - the Ferrari 812 Superfast from Alpha Model. First impressions are very good. Minimal flash and parts fit looks good.
  5. 1 point
    Few photos of the completed interior.
  6. 1 point
    Here is my version of the Revell 66 Chevy suburban. I have lowered it by fitting a Motobitz front crossmember and suspension and scratch building a rear crossmember to take coilover shocks and notching the frame for axle clearance. I have also scratch built the exhaust as the kit one would no longer fit as the car now sits so low. Wheels are Motobitz resin 22" with the kit hub caps. Paint is Tamiya rattle can French blue with a pearl white roof and finished with Tamiya clear. Thanks for looking, Lee
  7. 1 point
    Awesome work my friend. I’m keenly watching the build as you know I’ve got the kit as well.
  8. 1 point
    thanks imster nearly finished this one just wrapping up the exhaust as i had to scratch build it so i can get ground clearance. Lee
  9. 1 point
  10. 1 point
    More exhaust details - added the rivets! I used some graphite from a pencil to add back some of the metallic look in certain areas... I glued the exhaust in at the front end (2-part epoxy this time) in the engine bay - rear exhaust mounts would come later... Of course the second, blue car had a different exhaust mount, with an extra strengthening hanger - it is common for the rear exhaust mount to snap as it hold such a long length of pipe and silencer... The white plate is for behind the drivers seat - brass pipe is exhaust support... Next big job which I had put off was the 4 clear race screens. These are quite scrappy in real life - bent ali strip along the bottom, cut perspex screens. The only way to make these was exactly like the 'real' ones - so cut some acetate sheet, cut some ali sheet and rivet them together (glued) then rivet them to the cars...great! At this point I was trying to be clever with the clear screens - there is a very small lip at the top on the real cars - I figured I could make this by using a section cut from a water bottle - I reckon you could find any canopy, headlight cover or curved window 'somewhere' on some of these curvy bottles...anyway, I found my section - but when I came to cleaning up the edges I discovered that these bottles and laminated - 2 layers! Same thickness (as opposed to the graphic sleeve some use) - and these were separating - so I dumped that idea and went back to flat - the compound curve would have made bending the corners round much more difficult, so all ok... More rivets! Scary bit - I painted these cars back in 2003 - no idea what auto paint colour I used, so no touch up later!! I glued them onto the car, but used rivets to provide a mechanical join as well... At this point with the seatbelts and screens done, I could finally glue the cages in place! Another part of the cage that I had almost forgotten about was the drivers side-impact protection... Getting close now - all these little tiny 'quick' details take waaaaay longer than you think they will take...starting with the 28 poppers to fit to the boot covers. I painted plastic rivets and then cut just the heads off to stick directly to the 'rubber' covers. Pins would have also worked, but more of a pain to cut and glue... Some poppers on the scuttles... Noticed a small bracket on the yellow roll cage - so that had to go on, complete with cable ties! Rear number plate and light on the blue car... And front plate on the yellow...I had also added tape to the front and rear lights, as race cars tend to do... And.....FINISHED!!!!!! omg - only taken 17 years!! I'll take some 'proper' finished pictures at the weekend - but well chuffed with the results.
  11. 1 point
    I am modelling these cars 'as-is' so the exhausts need to look like the 'used' ones on the real cars (see last post) - not all polished and shiny - although I would start at that point. I'm winging all this, but it has worked so far! As I was going to use Alclad Chrome, I applied gloss black 'undercoat' - used to make the chrome shine - as it was, I ended up going over most of this, but it gave a suitable shiny 'under' surface - most of the pipes are oxidised and dirty. The cans are aluminium or titanium, so a different colour. The I basically free-formed the build up of colour using Alclad Chrome, duraluminum, pale gold etc etc - I mixed a few together to try and get the correct tint, with the aim of using oils later... I then mixed up some tamiya acylics to airbrush, dry brush and stipple on, to represent the cruddy look of the real pipes... I still need to add some washes and highlights, and I want to try some of that graphite powder to get back some of the metallic look - but overall I am actually quite chuffed how these came out, considering I didn't 'practice' and made it up as I went along!! Not fixed in place (have to make the mounts!!).... Not finished yet - add rivets and wash, more painting - but not bad so far!
  12. 1 point
    Got some paint on the body and now on with the interior
  13. 1 point
    This will be a full video build as well, so here’s the first one:
×