I had a final push to get this finished, so my posting to the forum has been a bit slack. To catch up, I completed the carbon fibre on the rear spoiler and side sills and then added some Top Studio rivet detail to enhance them.
Next up, my attention went to completing the bonnet. PE mesh from the Hobby design set was used in the front grills. The side arches had PE added from the Studio 27 set and then had some Top Studio rivets added as fixings for these. As the plan is to have this displayed with the bonnet off, I added some tissue paper on the inside to give some texture, which was then painted black. I did that fairly early on in the build to work out the best way to approach that to make it look semi-realistic - a difficult task due to a lack of detailed reference photos for that area so I took some artistic license with it.
The same detail was added to the rear arches and then PE heat plates from the Hobby Design set were added where the exhaust tips are. These were heat stained with some Alclad jet exhaust. Rear lenses were painted with Tamiya clear red from the new lp range and I have to say, they really live up to the reviews I've read of them!
A few final details were added, PE wiper from the Studio 27 set, an air jack from Scale Productions and some random bits of PE for various bolt heads, cable pulls etc.
Finally I scratch build the fuel filler area. The kit just has a flat disk in this area, but my reference photos showed this to be incorrect so with some various diameter solder wire I was able to make my own.