Jump to content

fortyfourpm

Administrators
  • Content Count

    1,097
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    187

Everything posted by fortyfourpm

  1. I’ve missed a few updates, but this is looking great. One tip if I may, if you drill a small hole on the underside of the grips, you should be able to insert the end of the wire in there to hold it in place.
  2. my understanding is they are the same as the TS spray cans - but not having used those I can’t say what they actually are. I thought they were in the US now, people over there must have ordered them from abroad like yourself. Hope you make a full recovery soon 👍🏻
  3. The LP paints are brilliant! Get some self levelling thinners for them and they will brush really nicely- well worth picking some up @John18D
  4. Nice work so far @Thanh Nguyen When I used to brush paint before I got an airbrush, I would dab the metallics to get rid of the brush lines. Still nowhere near as good or neat as airbrushing, but it may help if that’s your only option.
  5. I know what you mean about the chains! I’ve not started mine yet. It’s just sat in my stash waiting for it’s turn...
  6. Looking forward to watching this one - I have pretty much all the same, apart from the chain as mine is the TS one 👍
  7. Along with the full detail Alfa 155 I was building, I was working on a full carbon version at the same time. Not built as detailed as the first, as I didn't want to draw attention away from the carbon bodywork. I also modified the wheels to make them deeper to give a more aggressive look to it.
  8. Well here it is, about 18 month after I started it. One of my most detailed builds to date. Thanks to everyone that followed along with the WIP. I really enjoyed this build and tried to go all-out with it. I decided early on to display it with the bonnet off, and also to have the front wheels off so the suspension and brake details can be seen.
  9. I had a final push to get this finished, so my posting to the forum has been a bit slack. To catch up, I completed the carbon fibre on the rear spoiler and side sills and then added some Top Studio rivet detail to enhance them. Next up, my attention went to completing the bonnet. PE mesh from the Hobby design set was used in the front grills. The side arches had PE added from the Studio 27 set and then had some Top Studio rivets added as fixings for these. As the plan is to have this displayed with the bonnet off, I added some tissue paper on the inside to give some texture, which was then painted black. I did that fairly early on in the build to work out the best way to approach that to make it look semi-realistic - a difficult task due to a lack of detailed reference photos for that area so I took some artistic license with it. The same detail was added to the rear arches and then PE heat plates from the Hobby Design set were added where the exhaust tips are. These were heat stained with some Alclad jet exhaust. Rear lenses were painted with Tamiya clear red from the new lp range and I have to say, they really live up to the reviews I've read of them! A few final details were added, PE wiper from the Studio 27 set, an air jack from Scale Productions and some random bits of PE for various bolt heads, cable pulls etc. Finally I scratch build the fuel filler area. The kit just has a flat disk in this area, but my reference photos showed this to be incorrect so with some various diameter solder wire I was able to make my own.
  10. Thanks Doc. The headlight has a tab for the orientation so I went with the kit being correct. TBH, I didn’t check my references on that one.
  11. For the carbon car I opted to make the deep dish, so here’s how I went about it: kit wheels as they come out of the box I started off with using the back of a sharp knife blade to work my way around tue inside of the rim to gradually cut through Once this was done I was left with two separate pieces From here I was then able to reposition the centre part further down the rim before and after to compare and all painted and complete again, Hobby Design tyre valves were fitted and a white metal wheel locking nut from Studio 27
  12. Wheels are all done now. These are the ones for the main car, they are aftermarket ones from Hobby Design along with the centre nut and tyre valve. A PE wire fixing was added in the centres to finish them off.
  13. Not much progress, but I have got the body cleared and polished so took a couple of quick photos. Updates should be more regular now as this is permanently back on the bench until completion.
  14. as @John18D said, @MarcoMoto makes them. I’ll point him your way 👍
  15. Thanks for following guys - completed photos now up here
  16. Got this one all buttoned up now. Thanks to those that followed along with the WIP. It was almost built box stock - but then I decided to re-spoke he wheels to make them look better. I also added a few resin rivets here and there where they were missing, along with some RB Motion spark plugs. Other than that it’s all kit parts detail painted. I decided to go for a well used look like an unrestored ‘daily driver’. Something used regularly, but with 40 years worth of use and abuse so there are some marks around the tank etc to add to this effect.
  17. @Scalelabmodels is currently working on a 1:12 3D printed chain over on his Facebook page Scalelab models
  18. Looks a good challenge. Looking forward to progress and final results...
  19. That’s a good idea! If I ever do an F1 car I might give that a go 👍
  20. That’s certainly different, and an interesting look with the snake skin pattern.
  21. Only just seen this thread and you’ve made some rapid progress! If it helps, I’ve uploaded a couple of tutorials here for the chain:
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.