Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'jackie stewart'.
Found 2 results
WIP Can be found here: Tyrrell Ford 003 WIP Detail Up Sets Used: EJan DFV Funnel set Decals: Kit decals (Jackie Stewart) Nuts and Bolts: T2M and Top Studio Wiring and Cables: T2M, AZRM and MFH Paint: Alclad Metalizers (Engine and Components) Alclad Grey Primer Zero Paints Tyrrell Blue Zero Paints 2K Clear
A total departure from what I have been building recently! I decided to build this for a few reasons: 1) its an Ebbro kit and I wanted to see how well they have engineered their kits 2) I feel like something very different from what I have been recently building 3) I like cars and bikes that have their engines on display, this allows me to add the extra detail that I have OCD about! 4) I wanted to build something that won't take months on end to make (although I think point might end up being mute!) Anways onwards with the build! First impressions... What an ugly car! the front nose (shark nose) is so ugly I don't even know why I bought this kit! I should have gone for the blunt nose version which was the Tyrrell 004! Apparently despite its grotesque looks it did extremely well in the 1971 Formula One season, in fact it basically annihilated the opposition and Jackie Stewart was the driver who won the championship by a huge margin. So because the nose section is ugly I have decided to build this with the cowlings removed and I will build some miniature bodywork stands to sit next to the finished model. This will mean I will have to add some detail to the parts which will be uncovered, like the footwell area, behind the gauges, and at the front where the steering and suspension arms are (So that basically nullifies my 4th reason above for building this kit!) Heres the boxart (Ebbro are... How shall I say.... pretty unique with their boxart......) First up was to work on the bodyparts, these are all the parts that make up the cowling, they will all be painted Tyrrell Blue (Zero Paints). Not a fan of the ejection marks on the left hand side part and their placement where the footwell is as later on once complete those marks will show. The fitment of all the bodyparts are very tight, meaning once I put some paint on, the clearance between parts will be exteremely tight so I will probably have to do a little bit of massaging of the parts to get them to fit. I actually prefer it that way rather than having gaps between parts etc. I attached the shark nose together which consists of 4 pieces to make the structure of it and checked the fitment to the main cowling the fit was perfect without any adjustments required Next up was primer then the colour coat, the paint went on very well and the blue looks like an excellent match! Once again I tested the fitment after paint went on and the clearance was very tight so I might have to sand off the paint on the edges further down the line. That said I will be displaying this with the nose section removed so fitment isnt that important. Thanks for reading, I plan to build this one as fast as possible so stay tuned!!