Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'motorcycle'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Welcome
    • Site Announcements
    • Posting Guidelines
    • New Member's Introduction Area
    • FAQ's
  • Aircraft (Non-Military)
    • Aircraft: WIP
    • Aircraft: Completed Works
  • Military
    • Aircraft: WIP
    • Aircraft: Completed Works
    • Military Vehicles: WIP
    • Military Vehicles: Completed Works
    • Ships: WIP
    • Ships: Completed Works
  • Automotive
    • Automotive WIP: Racing Cars
    • Automotive WIP: Streetcars
    • Automotive: Completed Works
    • Motorcycles: WIP
    • Motorcycles: Completed Works
  • Ships (Non-Military)
    • Ships: WIP
    • Ships: Completed Works
  • Dioramas
    • Dioramas: WIP
    • Dioramas: Completed Works
  • Sci-Fi, Space and Fantasy
    • SSF: WIP
    • SSF: Completed Works
  • Figures
    • Figures: WIP
    • Figures: Completed Works
  • Tips/Tricks
    • Photography
    • Aftermarket Parts
    • Tutorials
    • Scratchbuilding
    • Tools
    • Decals
    • Techniques
    • Painting/Weathering
  • Reference
    • Shows

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


About Me

Found 3 results

  1. Hi all, I finished up a client build of the NSR500 Daytona 200 version. The main differences between the Daytona version and the standard 1984 NSR500 are: - no vents on the rear tail section for the Daytona 200 version - different colour scheme for the rear hugger - different colour scheme for the cowlings - fuel fillers on both side of the bike (on the main fairing) So overall a little bit of modifying was required. I didn't do a build diary for this one because it was a client build that originally had a fairly tight deadline. In terms of detail, both axles, and the controls section were heavily detailed, the engine was not because the cowlings are permanently attached to the bike, I used the kit chain for this one as well. On with the pics, any questions feel free to ask
  2. While searching for a release date for this kit I discovered that it is not listed any longer on the Tamiya web site. Also, I discovered that there is little information out there. I also found that, unlike models today, there is no bar code on the box. So I looked up the history of those. Going by that information that would put this model at 1980 or earlier as bar codes weren’t used regularly until after that. I give you photos of the sides of the box for reference. I did find out from someone that this particular model was removed from the shelves because, at the time, there was some sort of a “copyright infringement” being claimed by AMF. This is now the same bike that is being produced as the “Police Bike” in the Tamiya series. I reduced the size of these photos to help ease any loading issues that some folks might have. And away we go….. This is the front page of the vintage instruction booklet that came with the model. I did the frame in black. Now, I know it comes already molded in black but I have never been one to go in for the shiny plastic look that seems to be inherent if you just leave it alone. So I sprayed a flat white primer and then a coat of gloss metallic black over that. As with all of the Tamiya large scale models the engine went together seamlessly. I did something a little different this time as far as the lighting goes. I went with number 0402 SMD type LED’s throughout this one. These are amazing little buggers. About the size of a pinhead with wires smaller than angel hair pasta and the resistors are pre-attached AWAY from the base of the light at the end of the wire. Making installation a lot easier. These are shots of the test fit of the fenders and the front end as well as the saddlebags. As is usual, there were no fit issues. These show how small those wires on those SMD’s really are. You can clearly see the wires as well as the resistors here. I cut a hole in the back side of the right fuel tank to place the resistors as well as the extra wiring that came off of the front end. I was careful to NOT cut off the mounting points for the tank itself. And here is the tank after being mounted with the wires already installed inside. You can also see the lone lead wire coming out the rear (left side) of the tank. And, of course, after all of this work a lighting test is required. I test and retest often to make sure I haven’t pinched, cut, or otherwise disconnected any wires in the process. These are a couple of rather simple photos showing the gauges setup. And here is the completed model. This has been done in Star Spangled Blue over Flat Black primer. The white is Pearl White over Flat White primer. This is as close as I could get to any sort of original colors for this year bike without special ordering something directly from Harley-Davidson which would have been overly expensive. So I did some research to see what colors would have been available during that time period. There are a couple of engine closeups as well as one of the seat. The one of the seat was done simply because I though it was a cool way to mount it to the bike. Keeping true to the original that’s for sure. Hope that you enjoy these and, as always, please feel free to ask any questions and leave any comments!!!!! Here are the photos showing the 0402 SMD type LED's in operation.
  3. This is the Tamiya 1/6 Kawasaki that I have recently completed. Operating head and tail lights and flashing turn signals. This model was typical of a Tamiya build. All quality and very little, if any, fitting issues. The only problem that I had was replacing the broken windscreen. This was done by simply cutting a matching piece from a plastic Coke bottle. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.....
×
×
  • Create New...